Posts tagged SURGERY
Posts tagged SURGERY
Because I’m tired of my e-mail getting blown up with notifications:
1. Yes, I am still getting surgery. It’s in 6 days.
2. Yes, I’m staying off Tumblr for Lent, most likely during my full recovery - which could be months (I’m talking well into Fall) depending how the surgery goes - if my body allows for immediate reconstruction or if I need tissue expansions. I’m tired of people being ignorant and thinking I’m getting a boob job, No, I’m not that lucky, I’m not choosing my Fate, that was chosen for me. I’m losing a HUGE part of myself in less than a week. 1. I don’t need thin, fit girls thrown in my face that are healthy and able to work out. I will fucking starve myself during recovery - yes, my eating disorder is easily triggered when I don’t have control over anything else in my life (like right now). 2. I don’t need women with huge tits thrown in my face while I have nothing but flaps of skin, scars, bruises, and no nipples.
3. No, I’m not posting Scar/Recovery Progression.
4. No, I’m not emotionally okay. I’m not going to be for a long time. But obviously right now, I don’t have time to take care of myself in that way.
5. I will post updates to my Give Forward Page (can’t leave Anonymous Hate there) which is here: http://gfwd.at/1ixMQoQ and my Instagram which is kristepa and you will be blocked/deleted if you leave any form of negativity there.
Thank you for all of the continued support, love, thoughts and prayers.
Finally got 4 bras for after surgery. I don’t even need them until I go visit my surgeon for post-op when he takes my drains out. I’ll be leaving the hospital with a bra for the drains that they’ll provide and a binder for my stomach. I’m having a really anxious day, especially after learning my medication will be needing pre-authorization and how expensive it is. Ugh. I have to put my trust and fears into God.
I still have so much to do in regards to getting my Advance Directive notarized, packing my stuff, all of my appointments the rest of the week. I feel so overwhelmed.
Thank you, I needed this. No pain, no tumors, no “C”, I can’t wait until this is all over
It’s so weird that 9 days I will never have nipples again. I will never get perky nipples when I’m cold or horny. This is kind of upsetting to be quite honest.
I found this picture of me from my cousin’s wedding in early November, and I’m so disgusted with myself after noticing my breast tumors. I was so positive they couldn’t be seen in that dress, and I can’t believe I wore it for 12 hours for everyone to see.
The past two days have been really horrible body image days.
Also, I was wasted, obviously.
I just want to pay my bills, but God obviously has other plans for me, like the C word, losing my breasts, and months of recovery. I’m in over my head and I am terrified.
& this is why my Panniculectomy was approved. See all of that dead, infected skin? That’s 3 years of consistent corticosteroid use + rapid weight gain + 3 years of losing 100 pounds. See those stretch marks and thin skin? I wear jeans my size (I don’t, I wear 2 sizes too big) they rip open, it’s not pretty. My muscles are in great shape according to my surgeon. I am not getting an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). I am taking care of myself so I don’t have to be on antibiotics the rest of my life.
Not responding to hate, sorry, not only do I know who you are, but you are a hypocrite ;)
If you want to talk shit about how I’m getting a “tummy tuck” for free, go educate your ignorant self. I’m getting a Panniculectomy - I have years of documented infections and bleeding. I worked hard for my body, it’s not my fault I ended up with this skin (it was a combo of 3 years of corticosteroids being used for Allergies thinning my skin, Rapid weight gain, and 3 years of weight loss), the infections and bleeding I didn’t ask for. I am not getting skin above my belly button removed, just the lower skin that hangs below my Vagina. I will still have some extra skin in my rib abdomen region and have part of my stretch marks. I am not getting fat removed or my muscles repaired. It’s just my ex-FUPA skin being removed.
Also, get the fuck out with the fake breast hate. It’s FEDERAL LAW for a women to have the right to implants/reconstruction after a mastectomy. Look up the The Federal Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act of 1998!
I will not accept hate because I have to focus on my health - mentally and physically to prepare myself for this. I have to work everyday at loving myself, because with such drastic changes it’s going to be a lot of work! All I need in my life is positivity and that’s all I will accept.
A little reluctant about this, but I know it’s a done deal since everything is approved, my cardiologist appointment is on the 5th and my implants are being ordered on Tuesday. My surgery is March 12, 2014!
St. Patrick’s day in the Hospital! I hope I at least get a green cupcake!
I just spent 2+ hours at my Surgeon’s office and here’s what’s going down:
My surgery will be 6+ hours
I am having a Bi-lateral mastectomy
I will be losing my nipples
My surgeon wants to do nipple reconstruction (he is a perfectionist), but I don’t know how I feel about this yet.
I was approved for implants (they will most likely be 350CC breast implants and they are “Gummy Bear” implants - I saw 3 different shapes today and I will be getting the most natural and have a full B after surgery)
I will be having cadaver skin as part of my reconstruction
If my body isn’t ready for implants the same day as the mastectomy, I will be having tissue expansions in which will be filled every 3 weeks until my breasts can accommodate the implants
I will have drains until my body drains less than 30CC’s a day, and will not be able to shower or bathe until the drains come out
My “mini tummy tuck” - a Panniculectomy
Will be done the same day, I will be having all of my loose skin removed under my belly button (not a full Abdominoplasty - that’s considered cosmetic and my skin will be removed - only skin, no fat or muscle repair to prevent recurrent infections and bleeding)
I will be in the hospital 2-5 days
It’s a few month recovery
I have a set date, which I am scared to share, as I am scared something will go wrong and I will not be able to get this done. I trust my surgeon 100% and EVERYTHING this time has been approved, Thank you God. No more suffering, and hopefully no more treatment beyond the mastectomy is needed.